Learn More about Complex Rehab Technology
One of the biggest challenges in protecting and promoting access to Complex Rehab Technology (CRT) is a lack of understanding as to the people, products, and processes involved. To help tell the CRT story, a variety of educational documents, studies, and presentations have been developed.
CRT Information and Advocacy Tools
- CRT Facts and Figures- Key CRT message points.
- CRT Company Overview- A review of the products, people, processes, and costs involved in providing CRT. Includes “delivery process” and “business costs” exhibits.
- Complex Rehab Mobility Comparison- One page with photos comparing Complex Wheelchairs to Standard Wheelchairs.
- Complex Wheelchair Accessory Comparison- One page pictorial illustrating the differences between standard wheelchair accessories and accessories used with Complex Rehab Wheelchairs.
- CRT Delivery Process- 18 primary activities involved in the “delivery” process for CRT.
- CRT Order Workflow- 31 tasks and other “activities” involved in the provision of CRT.
- “COMPLEX” by Mark Sullivan- This 63-page booklet provides in-depth narrative and photos profiling people that use CRT, its benefits, and how it is provided. Preview the booklet or order hard copies from NRRTS.
- Simon Business School Financial Study (2008)- Independent study of the financial performance and activity cost allocations of CRT companies done by the University of Rochester.
- CRT HCPCS Included in Federal Legislation- A list of all the billing codes related to CRT that are included in our Separate Benefit legislation.
- CRT Legislation Information Pack- Use this collection of useful information regarding our legislation when speaking to Congressional offices.
- CRT Legislative Text- The full text of House Bill H.R. 750.
- Separate Benefit Category Position Paper- Two pages outlining the need for a Separate Benefit Category for CRT.
- Separate Benefit Category Proposal- a 37-page document outlining the background, basis, and details of the SBC project.
- CCD Complex Rehab Technology Support Letter- A letter of support written by members of the Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities.
- Hosting a Visit at Your Business- Read through this quick guide for talking points and suggestions on how to have a successful site visit with your local and state legislators.
- Medicaid Managed Care Organization Obligations- This document details the obligations of a Managed Care Organization when contracting with a state's Medicaid program.
- CRT Consumer Stories-